CROSS RIDER 18 AVABAG w/o AVABAG-Unit
Colour: black raven
Back length and volume
Weight (incl. AVABAG-Unit)
SAFETY ACADEMY LAB SNOW
Hit the powder with our lightweight avalanche airbag!
Lightweight freetouring backpack with avalanche airbag
A new addition to the AVABAG family: Our new CROSS RIDER 18 AVABAG has been designed for all powder fans who don’t mind climbing a few extra meters to get the best descents.
Thanks to its AVABAG airbag system, the CROSS RIDER 18 AVABAG is a lightweight, descent-oriented avalanche airbag that still has all of the important functions for days spent riding powder. Its close fit and foamed back mean it will sit perfectly on the body and ensure maximum freedom of movement – no matter how long the descent.
The main compartment provides quick access to your emergency equipment. Other small items can easily be stowed away in the hip pocket. The aluminum locking clasp and safety leg strap guarantee that the backpack sits securely – on any descent. Our CROSS RIDER 18 AVABAG is also well equipped for when you have to carry your skis: They can be attached securely and diagonally to the avalanche backpack using the D-skifix. Of course, there is also an ice axe and hiking pole fastening and a removable helmet net.
With its light weight and clever features, our CROSS RIDER 18 AVABAG is ready for the most epic spray turns!
This light airbag system weighs just 690 grams* and is therefore sensationally compact. Another special feature of the AVABAG system is the activation training: You can practice activating it again and again without the cartridge attached, so that you can be well prepared for an emergency situation.
The advantages of the AVABAG system at a glance:
- extremely light and sensationally compact airbag system
- unlimited activation training (without cartridge)
- handle design optimized for activation: the handle can be gripped with any type of glove, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- removable and compatible with all ORTOVOX AVABAG backpacks
- no electronics
Scope of delivery for the CROSS RIDER 18 AVABAG Backpack including operating instructions.
*Weight fluctuations of +/- 4% may arise during manufacturing.
Area of usage
- Bright Inside
- Chest strap with signal whistle
- Diagonal ski fastening
- Access to main compartment: front
- Helmet net
- Hip pocket
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening
- Key holder
- Hydration system compatible
- Holder for safety equipment
- Locking clasp (hip belt)
- Safety leg strap
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Emergency card
- Release grip height adjustable
- Side snowboard/snowshoes fastening